Evaluation
Our first two performances were different in dynamics for example when we were performing in front of the rest of our year group I feel that it was more funnier and easier to us as performing and them because they knew he play and just seeing how our version was performed is exciting in itself. When we performed in front of a few year 13's it wasn't the same because you instantly could tell who was enjoying the play and who wasn't, so that plays on your nerves because you can loose site in what your meant to be doing which is representing people and being a source of information. When you see people confused or bored it can make you over act or underpreform. One student at the end mention that some people need to just sell it more and make bolder choices and don't shy a way.
The things mentioned a lot was to remember your lines and when you say them know what your saying and mean it, don't 'milk it' (say it just to say it).
The little conversation we had at the end I found helpful because it allowed me to really think about how I express my lines and my characterisation behind that.
Our final performance I think went well the audience were engaged and everything went quite smooth. At the end where we got to speak to the parents and friends about what they wrote as the most horrific that the feel strongly towards or have heard on the news you got to see that the audience straight away was engaged with our message.
We used a lot of Brechtian techniques from current music and changing the lyrics to something that was relevant to our play like Ruari making up that rap about the TV presenter who turned out to be a pedophile. Which I think that he done very well because he got all the information about the guy we need in order to inform the audience of the situation and done done it in a way that shows people are unaware of the seriousness of the topic. The rap comes across thats it's meant to be funny but us as an audience know that however you could take it either way and find it funny even though it's based on something that really had happened. I think after hearing the rap and letting it just sink in you realise the seriousness behind it and it really gets you to think like what type of person things that funny because in all seriousness it's disgusting.
We used placards to show who we were and also to give signals to the cast and audience like cheer and boo. We had a narrator to informed us what was going on from our own actioning and others this is very Brechtian because there's no illusion to his work.
The paired I really like were Déjà and Eve playing A and B because they were true representations of typical girls from Essex who cared and worried more about themselves than others. They didn't care about what was going on around them the only time they seemed interested about the TV presenter was when one of them mentioned "he never done anything to you did he?". I think the way they played A and B was very well thought out. I think they told their section of the story very well.
In learnt that you can perform political theatre in what ever style you please whether that's in a more theatrical style or a political protest way. I think it depends on what you want to achieve but I think it's an interesting way to explore and showcase your work. I definitely believe that in a way a lot of theatre has a political feel to it just because everything in life is surrounded by decisions and wrong from right. Theatre as a whole makes you question things, political theatre is just a diffrent structure of performing and informing an audience.
I have enjoyed working on political theatre as I feel that it's always exciting to be part of something that has comments, opinions, arguments and solutions because in a way it's the same as real life nothing is glorified and made up taking you into a fictional fantasy world. There's so many people in the world it's interesting to represent someone and their ordeals.
No comments:
Post a Comment